The Maze Runner is a must-watch film for several reasons. Firstly, it is based on a novel that is widely regarded as one of the best young adult books of all time. Secondly, the film’s foundation in science fiction ensures that it will provoke deep thought in audiences. The movie follows the story of 16-year-old Thomas, who wakes up in a rusty elevator with no memory of how he got there. He and other boys are put in a constantly shifting maze and must find their way out.
If you enjoyed The Maze Runner and are looking for similar movies, here are ten recommendations:
10. Inception – Christopher Nolan’s science fiction action thriller film follows a corporate espionage expert who breaks into his victim’s minds to steal sensitive information.
9. Lucy – This movie follows a young woman who transforms into a formidable adversary after consuming a mysterious medicine.
8. Bird Box – Based on Josh Malerman’s novel of the same name, this post-apocalyptic thriller follows a mother and her two children as they travel through a world invaded by creatures that attack anyone who sees them while blinded.
7. The Battle Royale – This Japanese action thriller depicts a group of junior high school children being forced to fight each other for the sake of the Japanese totalitarian government.
6. The Village – This movie takes place in a mysterious settlement in the middle of the woods where humans and monsters have an agreement not to venture into the adjacent forest.
5. Days of Heaven – This love drama set in 1916 follows Bill and Abby as they work for a wealthy but reticent farmer by posing as his siblings.
4. Ender’s Game – This movie follows a young man whose strategic thinking is called upon to protect Earth from extraterrestrial invaders.
3. The Dark City – This horror/science fiction film follows a man who suddenly finds himself with no recollection of the previous day and begins to suspect something is amiss.
2. Divergent – This post-apocalyptic dystopian movie takes place in Chicago and follows Tris, the protagonist, who is also 16 years old.
1. The Hunger Games – This movie features young people thrust into an unfamiliar and potentially dangerous setting, much like The Maze Runner.
In conclusion, if you enjoyed The Maze Runner, there are many other movies out there that you may enjoy. From science fiction to horror, there is something for everyone on this list.