Monday, March 1, 2021

YouTube temporarily bans US President Donald Trump

Must Read

World condemns Myanmar crackdown as 18 peaceable protesters killed

World leaders have strongly condemned the bloodiest crackdown but by Myanmar’s safety forces towards peaceable anti-coup demonstrators, during which...

Chrissy Teigen responds to tweet accusing her of ‘utilizing’ her miscarriage for self-promotion

The Daily Beast Women Are Putting Their Abortions on TikTookay—however Is It Real? Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast / Photos...

Iran rules out talks with US, EU to debate nuclear deal revival

Iranian overseas ministry spokesman says time not proper for talks given ‘recent actions’ of the US, European nations. Iran has...

YouTube has temporarily banned the channel of President Donald Trump from uploading videos and broadcasting live streams owing to the violations of policies. The social media platform accuses the channel of President Trump of ‘inciting violence’ through its previous content.

The social media platform says the channel will not be able to upload any content for a week moreover they have also removed previous content from the channel.

YouTube’s spokesperson released a statement on the temporary ban on the YouTube channel. The statement read: “After careful review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to the Donald J. Trump channel and issued a strike for violating our policies for inciting violence,”

“As a result, in accordance with our long-standing strikes system, the channel is now prevented from uploading new videos or live streams for a minimum of seven days—which may be extended.”

Read more: Facebook does not plan to lift ban on Trump

YouTube added that they have disabled the comment section on President Trump’s videos as well. YouTube is another social media platform that has taken the action against President Trump following Facebook and Twitter.

The social media ban on the US President comes after his supporters stormed the Capitol Hill building in Washington DC last week. It is alleged that his social media content has played a part in goading his supporters to assault the building and deteriorate the law and order situation in the capital.

Meanwhile, as per the latest reports, Facebook does not intend to lift the suspension on outgoing President Donald Trump, the platform’s second in command Sheryl Sandberg said Monday.

“Our ban is indefinite. We have said at least through the transition. But we have no plans to lift it,” Facebook’s chief operating officer said at an online forum organized by Reuters.

The social network last week suspended Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts in the aftermath of the violent invasion of the US Capitol by a mob of his supporters, which disrupted the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s election victory.

Read more: Twitter permanently blocks the account of Trump to thwart violence

Twitter went a step further on Friday by deleting Trump’s account, depriving him of his favorite megaphone.

Trump also was hit with suspensions from services like Snapchat and Twitch.

“Our policies are applied to everyone,” Sandberg said, noting that the platform has removed posts by the president’s son and “other world leaders.”

Latest News

More Articles Like This