Thursday, March 4, 2021

White House says no name deliberate to Saudi Arabia

Must Read

PM Khan to seek vote of confidence from National Assembly: FM Qureshi

Prime Minister Imran Khan will take a vote of confidence from the National Assembly, said Foreign Minister and Vice...

China in the Middle East: Stepping up to the plate

By defining Chinese characteristics as “seeking common ground while reserving differences,” a formula that implies conflict management rather than...

Novichok? What Novichok? New US sanctions urge Russia to destroy chemical weapons stockpile, however Kremlin insists it already has

Russian officers are puzzled by calls for from Washington to scrap their nation’s chemical weapons program, President Vladimir...
3e9eea714917475f893713188bcab30f 18

President Biden has introduced an finish to US help for a Saudi-led coalition’s battle in Yemen.

US President Joe Biden has no plans to name the de facto ruler of Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), the White House stated.

Biden stated he intends to make human proper a key situation in US-Saudi relations, which he pledged throughout the 2020 election marketing campaign.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki stated on Friday no name was deliberate to the crown prince.

“Well, obviously there’s a review of our policy as it relates to Saudi Arabia. There’s not a call planned that I’m aware of,” she stated within the each day information briefing.

Psaki beforehand side-stepped a query on whether or not the administration would impose sanctions on Saudi Arabia for the 2018 homicide of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi operatives within the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul.

Biden earlier this month unveiled a primary step in taking a firmer line with the dominion, asserting an finish to US help for offensive operations by the Saudi-led army coalition combating the Iranian-aligned Houthi motion in Yemen.

Calling Khashoggi’s demise a “horrific crime” earlier this month, Psaki reiterated the administration’s intention to declassify a US intelligence report on the homicide, which the CIA assessed was accepted – and presumably ordered – by MBS.

The prince denied ordering the homicide.

Signs are rising Saudi Arabia is attempting to enhance its human rights report. Prominent girls’s rights activist Loujain al-Hathloul was launched this week from a Saudi jail after nearly three years behind bars.

Rights teams and her household say she was subjected in jail to electrical shocks, waterboarding, flogging and sexual assault – accusations Saudi Arabia denies.

Al-Hathloul, who pushed to finish a ban on girls driving in Saudi Arabia, was imprisoned in 2018 and sentenced by a courtroom in December to an almost six-year jail time period on terrorism-related fees, in a case that drew worldwide condemnation.

Held for 1,001 days, with stints in pre-trial detention and solitary confinement, she was discovered responsible on fees together with agitating for change, pursuing a overseas agenda, and utilizing the web to hurt public order.

Although launched, al-Hathloul will stay underneath strict circumstances together with a five-year travel ban and three years of probation.

Source

Latest News

More Articles Like This