A geography teacher, a vet and a vogue designer are just three of the contestants hoping to earn this year’s Wonderful British Bake Off.
It returns to Channel 4 on Tuesday 27 August, the third collection considering the fact that it moved throughout from BBC A person.
The presenters and judges keep on being the exact, with Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig back again for a further year of puns.
Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith will also be on hand to judge the very best bakes manufactured in the famous white tent.
Meet the contestants
- Alice, a 28-calendar year-outdated geography teacher from Essex, to start with turned her hand to baking at the age of 15, following she was still left unable to do activity even though recovering from a back again procedure for scoliosis. In her 20s, she perfected the fruit pavlova even though residing in New Zealand, exactly where she also attended art university. Now residing in east London, she works by using cakes in her lessons to demonstrate almost everything from coastal erosion to volcanic exercise.
- Rosie is a 28-12 months-aged veterinary surgeon in Somerset and her baking passions started when she was supplied a kid’s baking e-book at age five. When Rosie’s not treating drunken hedgehogs, performing spleen operation on canines, or on phone, she’s baking by way of the evening to unwind and retain the apply nurses very well fed.
- Michael, 26, is a theatre supervisor/exercise teacher in Stratford-on-Avon. He was born in Newcastle but considers himself Scottish as he moved to the suitably-named Scone aged 7 and analyzed in Edinburgh. In his baking, while, he is primarily encouraged by the flavours of his Indian heritage.
- Priya, 34, is a internet marketing marketing consultant in her hometown of Leicester and her very first foray into baking started off with an immediately after-school baking club at principal university. 7 decades ago, soon after she was provided a mixer as a wedding gift, she went “baking bonkers”. She a short while ago began experimenting with vegan baking and is also writing her to start with novel.
- On the net challenge supervisor Helena, forty, lives in Leeds and expended significantly of her childhood viewing her Spanish grandmother cook dinner and bake. She was born in North Africa and grew up in Lanzarote just before learning in mainland Spain. She only definitely started out baking properly right after investing time living with a relatives in Las Vegas.
- London-based intercontinental overall health adviser David, 36, is at first from Yorkshire and as a kid, his mum baked all the time, indicating the family members never ate a store-purchased loaf at home. His enthusiasm was even more created by his travels to Malawi, where by he learned to build an oven out of an oil drum and invented a cake that could steam prepare dinner more than a village hearth.
- Michelle, 35, performs as a print shop administrator in Tenby, Wales, and bakes pretty much every other working day, with fresh new bread for breakfast and sweet treats for pudding usually on the menu.
- Section-time waiter Jamie was born and raised with his similar twin brother in Surrey and was taught the baking basic principles by his family. However, it was in fact an episode of Bake-Off that inspired the 20-yr-old to make a plaited loaf. He happily normally takes on technically complicated bakes, this sort of as a croquembouche or croissants.
- Sportswear fashion designer, Amelia, is 24 and also hails from Yorkshire, precisely Halifax. She honed her baking capabilities even though at university and a person of her proudest bakes is a snow leopard cake that she produced for her nephew’s fifth birthday.
- Guidance worker Dan, 32, is one more Yorkshire lad. He has fond memories of his mum exhibiting him how to bake a Victoria sponge as a baby. He received major about baking when he was 21 in a bid to impress his then girlfriend (now spouse) with a themed birthday cake. He went on to make their wedding day cake.
- Steph, 28, is a store assistant in Chester and her passion for sports activities and wellness inspires her baking. She enjoys the challenge of making her bakes more healthy by introducing vegetables or fruit and picking dietary fat.
- Durham University college student Henry, 20, whose adore of baking and all issues culinary commenced at the age of 12, when the Bake Off tent pitched up in his community park. He now exams out his culinary techniques on the discerning university student palates of his university housemates, although finding out English Literature.
- Very last but not the very least is Essex-based mostly bike fanatic Phil, 56, a HGV driver who was released to the joys of baking bread in his home economics course at faculty. He now bakes four or 5 times a 7 days, commonly building focaccia, granary bread and brioche, as very well as pastry.