KABUL: The Taliban-led Afghanistan’s interim authorities is all set to take oath on September 11, the identical date when assaults befell on the World Trade Centre within the United States (US) 20 years in the past.
The new Afghan authorities shall be headed by Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund as prime minister whereas Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and Maulvi Abdul Salam Hanafi had been appointed deputy prime ministers, the Taliban had introduced two days in the past.
Russian officers will attend the ceremony whereas the Pakistan authorities has despatched its heat needs, mentioned the sources.
The US and European Union (EU) have, nonetheless, expressed concern over members who shall be part of the interim authorities.
US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken mentioned that the Taliban authorities consists of people who find themselves “wanted” by the US companies. He mentioned the Taliban must acquire authorized standing from the world for a number of the names within the new authorities.
Further, the Pakistani Foreign Office spokesperson has expressed hope that the brand new political association in Afghanistan would guarantee peace, stability and safety.
Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal additionally added that Saudi Arabia is dedicated to serving to the Afghan individuals. He mentioned that the Saudi individuals will assist no matter path Afghans select, with none exterior interference.
The checklist for the interim authorities incorporates 33 names. Some of the important thing appointments are:
- Taliban veteran, Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund – appearing prime minister
- Taliban co-founder, Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar – appearing deputy prime minister
- Taliban negotiator in Doha, Amir Khan Muttaqi – appearing international minister
- Abas Stanikzai – appearing deputy international minister
- Son of Taliban founder and late supreme chief Mullah Omar, Mullah Yaqoob – appearing defence minister
- Leader of the dreaded Haqqani community, Sirajuddin Haqqani – appearing inside minister
The Taliban spokesman has clarified that that is an “acting” authorities solely.