- Skydio is a drone startup changing the way individuals can run drones autonomously.
- The company was founded by a few MIT grads — two of which are ex-Googlers who worked on the tech giant’s drone delivery application Job Wing — and has raised $70 million in funding from Silicon Valley powerhouse companies like Andreessen Horowitz and Playground World.
- What sets Skydio aside in the drone market place is the device’s “completely autonomous” features — a user can system the drone to track and movie them even though the drone well avoids road blocks like trees and buildings.
- The corporation launched its first-era drone, the R1, in 2018. And in early October 2019, it introduced the Skydio2, a more compact, faster, quieter, and more cost-effective up grade. It instantly marketed out in a working day.
- The large demand in section reveals that individuals are wanting techniques to doc activities when however currently being existing and in the second.
- “This is the future technology of basically what cameras need to be,” Skydio COO Tom Moss told Business Insider. “It’s just traveling robots which is like getting your have film crew.”
- We visited Skydio’s offices in Redwood City, California. Acquire a look inside.
- Pay a visit to Business Insider’s homepage for extra tales.