IN THE subsequent section of the Covid-19 vaccination drive that begins March 1 — meant for senior residents and people aged between 45 and 59 years with co-morbidities — Punjab will probably be focusing on to vaccinate no less than 25-30 lakh eligible beneficiaries.
Speaking to The Indian Express, Hussan Lal, principal secretary, well being, Punjab, stated that as per preliminary estimates, there are round 24 lakh residents in Punjab who’re of their 60s and one other 4-5 lakh people who find themselves 45-59 years of age with comorbidities.
“The estimated eligible beneficiaries in Punjab in the third phase of vaccination are 25-30 lakh. While vaccination will be completely free of cost at government hospitals and centres, private establishments cannot charge more than Rs 250 for each beneficiary (per dose) which includes Rs 150 as cost of vaccine and upto Rs 100 service charges. Private hospitals cannot charge more than Rs 100 per person (per dose) for services,” stated Lal.
He additional stated, “We will be providing vaccines to the private hospitals. Since the cost of Rs 250 is for per dose per person, it has to be paid again for the second dose after 28 days, if a beneficiary gets vaccinated at a private establishment. At government hospitals, vaccination will be entirely free.”
Healthcare and frontline employees who had been disregarded within the earlier phases may register and vaccinate on this section.
According to the Ministry of Health pointers, the eligible beneficiaries for this section are:
- All Health Care Workers and Frontline Workers as specified by the MoHFW
- All residents which can be aged, or will attain the age of 60 years or extra as on 1st January 2022.
- All such residents which can be aged, or will attain the age of 45 years to 59 years as on 1st January, 2022, and have any of the required co-morbidities which have been advisable by National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for Covid-19 (NEGVAC) and permitted by Government of India every so often, topic to certification to that impact by a registered medical practitioner…
With a number of glitches having been reported within the first model of the COWIN app of the Union well being ministry, which was used to register healthcare employees and frontline employees who had been vaccinated in section 1 and a couple of, the third section of vaccination will probably be executed by way of COWIN 2.0. As per pointers despatched by the Union ministry to the states, “the COWIN system will transit to Version 2.0 from February 27. The system will run in test mode on February 27 and February 28…”
For the third section of the vaccination drive, beneficiaries can do advance self-registration by COWIN, or they will additionally go for on-site registrations by walking-in on the designated hospitals and vaccination centres.
Who all are eligible for 45-59 years class with comorbidities?
As per the checklist of the co-morbidities launched by the union well being ministry, beneficiaries from 45-59 years of age having these situations will probably be eligible:
- Heart failure with hospital admission in previous one 12 months
- Post Cardiac Transplant/Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Significant Left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF < 40%) -Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease, Congenital coronary heart illness with extreme PAH or Idiopathic PAH -Coronary Artery Disease with previous CABG/PTCA/MI and Hypertension/Diabetes on remedy -Angina and Hypertension/Diabetes on remedy -CT/MRI documented stroke and Hypertension/Diabetes on remedy -Pulmonary artery hypertension and Hypertension/Diabetes on remedy -Diabetes (> 10 years or with issues) and Hypertension on remedy
- Kidney/Liver/Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/On wait-list
- End Stage Kidney Disease on haemodialysis/CAPD
- Current extended use of oral corticosteroids/immunosuppressant medicines, decompensated cirrhosis, extreme respiratory illness with hospitalizations in final two years/FEV1 < 50%
- Lymphoma/ Leukaemia/Myeloma, Diagnosis of any stable most cancers on or after 1st July 2020 OR presently on any most cancers, remedy
- Sickle Cell Disease/Bone marrow failure/Aplastic Anemia/Thalassemia Major
- Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/HIV an infection and Persons with disabilities attributable to Intellectual disabilities/Muscular Dystrophy/Acid assault with involvement of respiratory system/Persons with disabilities having excessive assist wants/Multiple disabilities together with deaf-blindness
- A registered medical practitioner’s certificates is necessary to be produced by the 45-59 years beneficiaries with comorbidities.
595 new circumstances, 11 extra deaths
As per the media bulletin for Punjab launched Saturday, a complete of 1,54,066 beneficiaries (healthcare and frontline employees mixed) have been vaccinated with the primary dose until now and 36,252 have obtained the second dose. The goal nonetheless was to vaccinate round 3.85 lakh beneficiaries (2.05 lakh registered healthcare employees and 1.80 lakh frontline employees) in Punjab.
With 11 extra Covid deaths Saturday, the toll in Punjab has reached 5,825. The variety of new circumstances once more crossed the 500-mark Saturday and with 595 new circumstances, complete circumstances in state has reached 1.81 lakh. There are 4,436 lively circumstances within the state and the utmost lively circumstances are in SBS Nagar district (709), adopted by SAS Nagar (556) and Ludhiana (553). Of the recent circumstances reported Saturday, most 75 had been reported from SBS Nagar, Jalandhar 70 and Patiala 69.